You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence... Psalm 16:11

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Be Real and Love!

*Note..Email notification is not working for my blog so hang in there while I get it worked out. Sorry.
_________________________________
Be REAL! Love people!

Our Life Group had an awesome discussion this week on life, as a believer. We talked about how to REALLY live life the way God wants us to. During that discussion, there was a common desire to live better, but there was also a common frustration that life gets heavy. It was a relief to hear others share stories that sounded like some of mine. It wasn't the situation that was necessarily the same, it was the sound of desperation I recognized.

I call it "path rage" ...kind of like road rage. This path God has me on and designed just for me, can be full of road blocks and detours. Things get in the way of where I am headed and I just want to honk (or scream) for them to move. Better yet, I get weary and want to look for the next rest area sign to pull over and take a break. God's Word says "press on". It actually says in Hosea 6:3 to "press on to acknowledge Him".

Part of our discussion in Life Group was about being real with one another, without fear. This world communicates that we can't be accepted unless we are dressed up, cleaned up, and fit some one's definition of a perfect mold. So we go to work, go to school, or go to church and when asked how we are doing, we say, "FINE".

As believers, we need to love people right where they are. Love the unlovable. Love people with their imperfections (because we all have them). Love people without expectation. Love people on good days and bad days. Here is the key...Don't just say you love them with your words. Say you love them with your actions!!!

By sharing with my Life Group, they know how to pray for me and I know how to pray for them. When I am not the most lovable, they surround me and encouragement me, instead of tearing me down. When I am in the middle of "path rage" they pull over and get me back on track.

God created us. Trust that enough! He gave me (and you) skills, personalities, quirks, and talents. "I am going to praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14
I trust that God knows all about us and He knows that the way we are, can be used for exactly where He has us.

My teenage daughter, who often butts heads with me and rolls her eyes, once said, "You were the mom meant for me." That statement was a statement of Hosea 6:3.
She doesn't always agree with me, but she was pressing on to acknowledge Him.

Be Real!!!! Listen to the people around you with your ears and your heart. Next, love them right where they are. Say you love them and then put that love into action and press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment