You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence... Psalm 16:11

Monday, August 9, 2010

In Your Business

This has been a cool week for me with an emphasis around prayer. Nothing super major except that prayer really matters. Oh, you may know that and believe it in your heart, but boy, it feels good. I don't mean that it feels good when the answers are the ones we desire. Let me explain.

This past week there were two days that a doctor we see twice a year was on my heart. I knew in the past she had been going through a tough season just through some basic conversations we had. For those two days last week, I prayed for her but that wasn't enough. The Holy Spirit prompted me to tell her. Ok, that had to be the spirit. In a busy day, you don't just find time to think about your doctor that you haven't seen in 6 months. So I emailed with a little nervousness that she was going to think I was a little nuts. She immediately responded that she had just had two very difficult days and wasn't feeling very hopeful at the time of my email. I hope that encouraged her prayer life but I sure know it encouraged mine.

Saturday, I was in my kitchen doing my thing. It was 10:00 a.m. and I got a text. I was thinking maybe it was from the agent showing a house we still own after 3 years of marriage. It was being shown from 9:30 to 10:00. It was from a dear friend of mine that is a huge prayer warrior. She said she felt a strong urge to pray for me right then. Sunday, when I saw her and explained the timing, she was blown away by the prompting of the Holy Spirit and I was too. Tears were in our eyes. The tears weren't because I have an offer on the house (even though I have been told one is coming today). Our tears were from the encouragement of prayer and the love of a heavenly Father that cares.

Sunday, I watched Abby baptized for a second time (a first time for me to witness). This time it was for her. She was much younger when she was first baptized and as she has grown, she has matured to see that maybe she did it for other people initially. For three years I have prayed for her in so many ways but her spiritual maturity has definitely been one of those request. It was sweet to see answers in action.

There were numerous other simple prayers and opportunities like that this past week. Tell people when you are praying for them. Right then! It encourages that person and will encourage you too.

I want to turn the table a little with today's post. As I often give you a glimpse into my world, today I would like to be in your business. I would like to know how I can pray for you. I want you to share so that you will know I am praying specifically for you. Other readers can pray for you and we can all be encouraged by the power of prayer and a loving Father that wants to hear from us.

How can I pray for you?

5 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    You are an amazing woman, I absolutely love your obedience to the Spirit! I love hearing about "Holy Nudges" as I call them. When it is unmistakably the Holy Spirit using you to bring God all the Glory! So exciting.

    I have a prayer request for my business. I am overwhelmed with experiences that you are describing - those "Holy Spirit Nudges" through this business, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve God fully through it.

    Specifically, I have goals set in my business and I am striving to reach them, but I need you to pray for divine opportunities to talk to women about my business. I need the Holy Spirit to intercede on my behalf when sharing the business. I need prayer for opportunities to serve and minister to the women that God will put in my path with this business. It is an amazing company that is founded on the love of Jesus Christ, and I want to tell so many women about it, but I want God alone to receive all the glory.

    Does that make sense? Thank you again for your love and leadership!
    Love you!
    Amy Webster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    I am 37 and have degenerative disc disease, which causes the discs in my back to collapse. Currently, I have two bad discs in my lower back. Besides being incredibly painful, it has also affected the use of my left leg, and I need a walker for anything more than a few steps. I am scheduled for surgery in December. One of my big concerns is that I will still be somewhat functional in 4 months. I just started using the walker in April, and I have seen my physical abilities dwindling. If I do anything above the bare minimum physically, I am up a good part of the night. My husband and son have had to take over almost everything at home, and I don't want to be a further burden on them. This is my son's senior year, and I want his football Senior Night to be about him and his teammates, and not have the stands watching me as I shuffle my way out to him. I'd like to be the wife and mom I used to be.

    Thank you so much for asking-it made me cry. I am the secretary at a church in IL, and besides a few dear friends, no one ever asks if they can pray for me, or even how I'm doing. You'll never know what it meant to me. May God bless you and your family.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,

    God really does speak through you. You have a gift that touches so many peoples lives in such a positive way. I am so blessed to be able call you friend!

    I do have a prayer request...my husband Glenn LeBlanc has been sick for over a year. The doctors are not completely confident they really know what is causing his problems. He is having difficulty breathing, he has chronic re-ocurring bronchitus, and has had some major gastrointesinal problems with acid reflux and hernia.

    He had surgery back in May. He went back to the surgeon on August 5th for what was suppose to be his final checkup for a least a year. He has not had much relief since the surgery, although they dd tell us it takes time. Well unfortunately the last test he had done revealed that he has popped a stitch or has torn tissue.

    His surgeon informed him that he may have to have the surgery again, and because Glenn is so active the surgeon will have to add a reinforcement mesh and a whole lot more stitches this time. The surgery will have him in the hospital for 2 weeks, and he is resisting. Actually he is saying NO WAY to the surgery at this time.

    My husband is in need of the power of prayer to help him make the right decisions so that he can enjoy his life once again! I can't stand to see him struggle to take a breath and so miserable.

    Thank you for caring about others the way you do. I have witnessed the power of prayer first hand! Please know that if you ever need me, I will always be here to call on!

    Janet LeBlanc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,
    Janet, a 37 year old Mother with degenerative back disease, story really touched my heart and I wish there is someway that she can know that people here in Tennessee and Virginia will be praying for her. I am sending her story out to a number of friends and family and asking for specific prayers. Over the years, I have witnessed the power of prayer. Hopefully she can walk out that Senior Football Night, straight and tall. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,

    I have been reading your blog for a long time now. My name is Debra, and I live in MT. Ridley knows us, but he knows my husband, Bruce better. I am in need of prayer for some friendships that have had serious communication issues lately. I love these friends. It is way too much to explain here, but God knows all the details. Pray that I will be wise with my communications.

    Thanks,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete