You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence... Psalm 16:11

Thursday, August 12, 2010

To Be Continued....

My last post from a couple of days ago has left an impression on me. I am so thankful for the transparency and openness you all were able to share. At the same time, It has been heavy on my heart to pray for each of you. I have printed your request from Facebook, my blog or I have written out the text request and I am praying over them daily. I would love for you to keep me posted. Each need and request is important! The coolest part of it all is that over the last few days, I have received calls, emails or had face to face conversations with people that are also praying for you. I was serving at a luncheon yesterday and a lady came up to me and said, "I am praying for Janet to be healed". My heart did back flips. We both discussed how we are praying that you will walk out on that field on Senior Night with your son without your walker. So Ms. Janet, there are people all over praying for you. I wish I had a way to contact you. If you wouldn't mind sending me your email address, I would love to share some personal thoughts with you. This was the only way for me to ask you. My email is lisa@lisadbarron.com

I found myself with each prayer being more aware of lost people. Years ago, when I walked back in the doors of my church as a big girl and yet as a soon to be baby Christian, the term "lost" had me confused. Every time I heard it, it tickled my ears. I wondered why so many people couldn't figure out where our church was. It's funny now but let's be real. Our jargon and fragmented, biblical statements can sound odd to others. I have lost friends and family that I love dearly. So, I am careful to not beg Jesus to come on back and get us on the days that I am slap worn out. I have work to do!!!!

When praying over the request from my blog, I was wishing that my friends, family and people I don't even know, could feel the love that Christians have for one another. Yes, it is so important to get our eternity set and secure, but the added bonus is doing this life with people who love us without even meeting us. There is a bond unlike any other that comes from the love of Jesus.
I long for people to really know that. We work so hard to have the best dress for an event or the best shoes to go with the dress. We strive for the best job with the best financial opportunity. We want our kids to get the best education. We want the best marriage. We want the best deals at the store. We get the best savings plan and life insurance in place. Why in the world would we not secure the absolute best "forever" for ourselves?

Here is the flat out honest truth...Being a good person doesn't get you into heaven. The only other option is eternity in hell. That may sound harsh to you but it is that cut and dry. I know there are many who feel there are other options, but there aren't.
God's word tells us in Acts 17:31 "For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the man (Jesus) He has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead". The Bible goes on to say in Acts 4:12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

I think the hard part for some to grasp is that they can't see Jesus and they can't picture eternity so it must not be real. In trying to explain it to my daughter when she was younger, I told her it was a lot like Geometry. You can't see Plane A and Plane B intersecting but they do and so we have Geometry. Our minds aren't meant to fully understand heaven. I don't think we could handle how awesome it is going to be. I can assure you we aren't going to have assigned clouds and be plucking on a harp for eternity. I am talking dancing, streets of gold, endless chocolate, no belly aches, no budgets, no hurting.....the list goes on. Now those are the things that I try to think about. Nobody really knows every detail.

Here is the most important question I have: "Is it worth risking to be wrong?" If you are one that tends to need research, backup, and proof, then read the Bible. If you are one to doubt the Bible, "What do you have to lose to just believe?"
The greatest part of it all is that it is simple and free. You just ask Jesus to come into your heart and be the boss of your life. You simply ask Him to forgive you for your mess ups and ask Him to teach you how to be less messy. See, you don't have to get all dressed up for Jesus. You don't need the best dress or the best shoes to receive the BEST. He wants you right now, just as you are. Then He never leaves you. He helps you through stressful times. He helps you to see things differently. He never stops loving on you. He listens when others won't. He provides for you when people or things don't. And to top it all off, until He meets you face to face, He gives you the incredible opportunity to enjoy life here and now in such a cool way. Not an easy way, but in a way that makes everything have a greater purpose.

As I wrote the name BARRON in three lunch boxes last night, I thought about the lost and found. I am sure our lunch boxes will end up there a time or two along with jackets, hoodies, and who knows what else. I know this, our name is on the things that belong to us and they will eventually make it home. Let Jesus write His name on your heart and you can know that you will make it HOME.

3 comments:

  1. Well preach it, my sweet sis! That's what I'm talking about! AMEN and AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did someone mention "endless chocolate?" Great blog baby. I especially like the part about having your name written down so you make it home. That's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, thank you for sharing. Please be in prayer for the orphans and campers at New Life Ministries' camp in Ukraine. Our team from Highland just returned and it was a blessing to share and worship with these precious children. I had the unique honor to meet one-on-one with a young lady, Leanna, who came to know Christ as her Savior during her first day at camp. We read scripture together and talked about our relationships with Christ and how to grow and develop that relationship.

    Matt (our youth pastor) asked the youth last night, "what would compel 10 people to travel halfway around the world to eat weird food, battle physical effects of exhaustion and dietary changes, and live without A/C and the comforts of home to tell people about Jesus?" His conclusion is that we do it because we understand how much Jesus loves us. When you know that love, you want EVERYONE to know that love. I totally agree with that! But not everyone can travel like that so we need to turn over the rocks in our own backyards. We need to make Jesus part of every moment of everyday...and that starts with me. :) I will never forget the sound of singing "Worthy is the Lamb" in English while dozens of children and teens lifted praises to the SAME God in Russian.

    I could talk for days about our experiences so if anyone wants to know more about it, they are welcome to email me. Thank you for the insights you share every day!

    ReplyDelete