You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence... Psalm 16:11

Monday, May 2, 2011

Kneed to Know

Life can be a mixture of emotions and events that tend to leave us speechless at moments. There are those moments where you feel paralyzed as your head and heart try to figure out how to respond. We experience that on personal levels and on much larger scales as we have witnessed in the last week. The instinct to love kicks in. We begin to band together with an attitude of community that makes us stronger and more united. As difficult as the situations may be, It is evident that God truly does use those moments to pull people closer together.

As events unfold and meeting needs becomes a focus, prayer easily gets lost in the shuffle. I am the first to admit that prayer isn't always my immediate response. Resources may be limited. Time may be limited. Physical abilities may be limited. Finances may be limited. Prayer is never limited. Anybody can do it and do it anywhere at anytime. That is why the Bible commands us to "pray without ceasing" (1Thessalonians 5:17)

As I stepped away from the world a bit today and stepped into the Word, I began searching. The roller coaster of emotions can wear the heart out a bit. My fingers gripped the pages of my Bible and my eyes began to scan as I got excited to see what God wanted to show me. I was looking for something new....some treasure that might be revealed for the first time. It was simple. Prayer is powerful and effective (James 5:16). God will meet all our needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Phillipians 4:19).

We try to make it more complicated. We try to come up with something brand new. Fear and doubt confuse us. Anxiousness makes us impatient. God wants us to keep it simple. He wants us to pray. He wants us to trust Him. He wants us to believe.

We all have needs. I would like to ask you to pray for me to take the steps of obedience that I know I need to take. Pray that I step in faith without looking for the safety net first. Provision comes after we step.

Now, how can I pray for you? When we get on our knees for one another, things change. God moves. So today, I am keeping it simple. I am going to pray for you. Let me know how. I kneed to know!

3 comments:

  1. I will pray for you, Lisa!

    If you would, please pray that I'll continue to walk this road of faith, and not let the world influence me? I love my Jesus, and want to worship and adore Him all the days of my life ... but sometimes we can so easily be pulled into worldly ways.

    Thank You!
    Wendy
    www.wendylivingsimply.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it Wendy! Thank you for sharing and for being honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa...I definitely will continue to pray for you! You are a true light in my life. Thank you for loving Jesus and sharing His love with others. Please pray for me...pray that I will be vigilent and stay strong and focused in my walk with the Lord. I love you! Thanks so much for being honest and vulnerable. You have taught me so much in such a short time. I am better for knowing you! God Bless!! Linda Kay Cloyd

    ReplyDelete