You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence... Psalm 16:11

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A hope and a future

What an amazing day of worship today! My quiet times from this week seemed to all roll into today. My week has been focused on HOPE. That is one of those feel good words we often throw around with our Jesus lingo. So, I looked up the exact definition in my bible the other day. It says "to desire something with confident expectation of its fulfillment."

It struck me how many times I use that word to represent a lack of confidence. "I hope so", "I hope I can" or "I hope it will". Today the definition of hope was lived out in conversations. Ladies I talked to at church were excited about this new year. The tone of hope in their voice was just so fun to listen to. A friend who is trusting Jesus with a new direction in her job by taking a risk....HOPE. A friend who is taking the next step to be debt free this year....HOPE. A friend who has had health issues in the past year and is fired up about 2010.....HOPE. A friend who can relate to my personal journey and who has received healing through forgiveness....HOPE. A friend who worshipped a heavenly father believing this year she will adopt....HOPE.

All of that was super cool! At my house when something just really touches me I say "you made my heart pop out". To all of those ladies today, you spoke about the hope that Jesus is all about. During economic struggles and in a world that is so backwards, I know you made Jesus' heart pop out as well.

God's word says in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future. I was reminded of that in an even bigger way today. My best friend from 5th grade not only hosted my first sleepover, but on this day I got to worship and pray with my sweet friend Kate as we celebrate her birthday today. After years off being disconnected, Jesus had a plan that she would later water the seeds in my life and lead me to Jesus. That is a hope and a future that Jesus had planned way before I knew him.

Make sure your hope is in Him so that your HOPE is full of confident expectation!

2 comments:

  1. I love you friend! Seeing God work in your life has increased not only my level of "hope," but my faith as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that definition of "hope"!
    I am resting in that confident expectation that this adoption WILL happen this year and we will be a much fuller family this coming Christmas! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete