You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence... Psalm 16:11

Monday, January 24, 2011

Honesty IS The Best Policy

I was sitting at my laptop this afternoon as the cursor flashed on the white screen for today's blog. I usually try to blog earlier in the day if possible, but this Monday didn't go exactly like I planned. Shocker! I wasn't sure about where I wanted to go with my Monday blog. Then Ridley called. He asked me to read his blog and wanted my permission to share. His blog wasn't pretty, but it was real. That has been our prayer together since we married. We want God to use our story. I don't mean just the part that we have both overcome to get to this point, but the story that God continues to write. There are parts we would like to erase, but life is messy. Life is also real. There is a real need to love people and a real need for hope that can only come in a real relationship with Jesus. If you make that your ministry, then there is sure to be a real enemy.

While riding home together after church yesterday, I told Ridley that the warfare has been heavy this past week. ( I think he already knew that). Ridley Barron Ministries is about to pick up with traveling again, we are leading a marriage conference coming up, Ridley is preaching on the book Radical, and I am lining up my schedule for speaking at women's events for the spring. So I joked and said, "You would think you are Billy Graham or something with all this warfare." Ha ha!

Anyway, here is Ridley's blog. If we are praying to remain real, then here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment