You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence... Psalm 16:11

Monday, January 17, 2011

So I am asking

Happy Monday to all of you. I am feeling the overflow of our sermon from yesterday as we are being challenged to be totally RADICAL in our thinking, our loving, our serving, and our surrendering. On a personal note, Ridley and I have started doing an herbal cleanse program to get the holiday junk out of our bodies and to start "clean" for the new year. We are on day eleven of the twenty four day program and I can't believe how great I feel. I also love the fact that we are doing this during our Radical series at church. We didn't plan it that way, but as we get back to foods that are in their natural state, we are realizing the things that we can really do without and feel better. Is it always easy? NO! However, we both see the benefits. This series at church is challenging us along the same lines in our everyday life. What can we really do without if we trust God fully?

In yesterday's sermon we were reminded that God didn't create us just for ourselves. Shocker! He created us to use us to reach others for His glory. We are blessed so that we can be a blessing. We are here to be the hands and feet of Jesus to others. The Bible reminds us time and time again that it is not about us. It is easy to get wrapped up in the selfish perspectives of Christianity that He died for ME and He will forgive MY sins. Those are true statements but He didn't do that so we could be self centered with His grace. It is so we can share that grace and expand His glory.

I firmly believe that prayer is the first step to unselfishness. When our hearts are so burdened for each other to a point of prayer, there is an amazing power that is unleashed as we desperately pray for one another... believing.

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." (Ephesians 6:18) ALL occasions and ALL kinds of prayers and request. Nothing is too small or too big.

The blog post that I have gotten the most response from was one last year where I asked how I could pray for you. I was overwhelmed and honored with your request. I didn't take those request lightly. They frame my bathroom mirror and they don't come down until God has answered. Yesterday, I pulled three request off my mirror and I praise God for those answers.

So, I am asking again. I want my mirror full because I believe in the power of prayer. I don't care how little or how big your request is. It matters to me and more importantly, it matters to God. He has an answer, but He may be waiting for us to ask. If you shared a request last time, then please update me so I can be specific. If you have shared with me at some point in passing, please respond anyway so I can fully understand your specific desire. You may do that in response to this blog, you may email me privately at lisa@lisadbarron.com or you can send me a Facebook message.

I may not know you personally, but I care about you and I want to show you how much Jesus cares for you and loves you. "For ALL the Lord's people." That means you!

I look forward to praying for you....believing.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, thank you so much for your transparent heart; for your sweet spirit. You don't know me. Nor does Ridley, really; however, I have been following his blog for quite some time and have commented there on occasion. My son was actually in Abby's class in the Second Grade at Winstead Elementary.

    I do not have a prayer request for my own family; but one for a friend that is weighing HEAVY on my heart. Dear friends, Chip and Jana, are the parents of 9-year-old Alex and 3 1/2 year old twins, Savanna and Caleb. On December 3rd, Jana lost her much-too-short and far-too-difficult battle with cancer just one day prior to her 37th birthday. Chip and the children are relocating from our/their hometown approximately 1.5 hours away (Chip has been commuting to Nashville to work from there) to Franklin so that 1.) he's closer to work and 2.) he can be near a sister and brother-in-law who are able to help out with the children. He made an offer on a house over the weekend. Of course, general prayers are needed for their peace and comfort, for their adjustment, for them to be surrounded by love and sweet memories of Jana but, specifically, Alex has been home-schooled by her mommy and Chip needs guidance and discernment on the right way to continue Alex's education.

    Giving God the Glory for the plans He already has for this sweet family. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete