You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence... Psalm 16:11

Monday, June 20, 2011

Double Portion

As we sat in church yesterday and learned about double portion which is referenced through the story of Elijah and Elisha in 2 Kings, I smiled. It was Father's Day and I couldn't help but think of the double portion blessing that God has given me. One blessing is my father and the other is my husband.

My dad and my husband have so much in common it makes me giggle out of happiness that God picked these two men for me. Having my dad in the same town is a huge gift. I don't get to see him as much as I would like to but there is such comfort knowing he is close by. These two men have the same affect on me. Let me share a few reasons....

1. When I pass their cars in town, my heart does a back flip.

2. I can share just about anything with both of them and know they will still be one of my biggest fans.

3. They operate with Godly integrity and honesty.

4. I can sit beside both of them and be the proudest girl in the world.

5. Both have taught me so much and both make me a better person.

6. Both love my kids to pieces.

7. Both love their wives really well.

8. Both get angry when someone they love one is hurt (physically or emotionally).

9. Both are unselfish in the way they care for others and both would help a stranger in a heartbeat.

10. Both work hard to provide for their families.

11. Both impress me the most when they are learning more about Jesus and when they show their soft side.

12. Both love football! (Yeah for me)

13. Both don't like the UT Vols (Yeah for Ridley....I would have had to pray about marrying into that).

14. Both love my cooking.

15. Both look handsome all dressed up.

16. Both love being with their family.

17. Both appreciate and respect each other.

18. Both give great hugs.

19. Both mean the world to me and are my heros.

20. Both are constantly on my prayer list.

To the daddy who has always loved me, believed in me and supported me despite my mistakes and failures....thanks for always finding the good in me. I love you!

To the husband who always loves me, prays for me, and sees the potential in me to dream big. I love you!

To my Heavenly Father who has blessed me with double portion, I love you with a grateful heart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment