You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence... Psalm 16:11

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Overflowing Heart

Today has been one of those days where my heart is super full and overflowing with gratitude. I had the incredible opportunity to share my story last night. I was invited to speak on Kingdom living here on earth to a group of ladies at a local church. The Bible is clear to tell us that we don't have to wait to get to heaven to enjoy being a part of the kingdom. We are sons and daughters of a King! We are to share the Good News and it is called the Good News because it is available here and now....not just for some time to come in the distant future.

That is enough to be grateful for but last night Jesus got out His highlighter and made something so obvious to me. I am blessed with friends. We all have friends and we should recognize them as a gift from God every day. As I stood in front of a room of ladies last night, I saw gifts. Today, I have thought about all the different kinds of friends that God has given me and I have recalled many memories off and on all day.

The gift of my best friend being my husband, still makes me want to pinch myself every morning. I never get tired of being with him and he is the one I want to share something with first.

Then there is the gift of my mom and dad. They are the most incredible, unconditionally-loving friends that have been around the longest. I talk to one or both of them almost every day. I want to!

My taller, younger brother has been my "go to guy" for years. He has been my friend from our hide and seek days to adults sharing parenting stories. He understands me and loves me anyway. (ha ha) I am so proud of who he is as a dad and father.

There is the gift of an 18 year old daughter that makes me feel young again since we often have our best friend, texting relationship. When she was little and I was a single mom, she used to lay beside me in the dark and make me giggle at the end of a tough day. We shared giggles like friends at a sleepover.

I have the gift of my Thelma and Louise. You know. The close friends that you have had forever and will have forever, regardless of circumstances. The ones that have seen all your junk and love you anyway. The ones that have prayed and shared Holy snot together, and then have been around to witness the answered prayers. My BFF's.

There are friends that I haven't seen in the longest and a glimpse of their sweet faces just has us picking right back up where we left off. That was last night for me. So many sweet people that I miss the day to day with.

I am so incredibly blessed to have my PW's. Those are my pastor wife buddies. There is a bond between pastor wives that is amazing. Some I have known for a while and some are brand new. They have a special place in my heart and I believe I am in training to know how to pray for them even better.

My church peeps keep me going. They are the ones that are there week after week to love on me and accept me for who I am. They pray for me and love on my family. That can sure make a girl feel special.

Real estate has been a great place for friendships over the years. I have had such a wonderful opportunity to work with some agents and clients that have really turned into friends. I have co-workers that care about me and I have clients that have been such encouragers to me. I am a lucky girl to have such a great group of people that make me proud to be friends with.

As I spoke last night, I realized that Jesus continues to shower me with friends. We are to love everybody but when He gives you someone new in your life that you just click with, it can really make your heart overflow. His loving never stops. When I got married, I even inherited new friends. They did not have to be my friend, but they chose to and they have taught me so much. Some of those new friends I haven't even met face to face yet and I can tell you, I can't wait to hug their neck in person.

Lastly, but not least at all, are the friends I don't know very well but I feel a connection. They are the name in an email or a kindred spirit in a square box on Facebook that reach out. They are the lonely single mom. They are the broken wife whose husband just left. They are the one asking for prayer for their husband who just lost his job. They are the one with cancer. They are the one with a child who has been sexually abused. They are the ones that give me hope. I love their honesty and I cherish their trust.

I simply want to say thanks to my friends! You have changed me. I need you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment