You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence... Psalm 16:11

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Joyfully ever after......

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I absolutely love blogging. I don't love the 3:00 a.m. wake ups where my mind is racing about what to write or the over thinking of proper grammar. It isn't about my story....I have heard it before. I love hearing from you! I love the spontaneous conversations in the grocery store, the emails from strangers that instantly become a friend through their words, and the encouragement from others that are pushing through this adventurous life. I truly love hearing the stories.

One of my favorite blog days was the day I asked how I could pray for you and I got many responses from all over the country. I met my new friend, Janet who I am still praying for along with all the others that asked me to pray. Your words are taped on my bathroom mirror and your specific request are underlined in red. So thank you for reading and for sharing.

I need to hear from you today. You have heard me say that Ridley and I are writing a book. I KNOW Jesus wants us to write this book. I know the enemy does not. To share just a little, our book is based on our journals before (and after) we met. The chapters parallel our lives, what God was up to and what we were praying. It starts on the day of the accident with Ridley's family. The following chapter shares my thoughts, struggles, and prayers on that same day. The book continues in that format to show how there were days where we were wondering where God was, and how with all our individual broken pieces, He was lovingly at work.

So you may be asking why I need your help. Well, I have interviewed close friends that walked beside me during the tough times. I have listened to family and noted what they watched and felt. Now I need to know what you would want to read about. It is our desire to be completely transparent in this book and to be used by God to minister to others. You have gotten glimpses and pieces of our stories through blogs, magazine articles, speaking opportunities and friends. What is missing? What are the tough questions you want to ask? It may be about our single parenting days. It may be about grief or rejection. It may be about dating again. It may be about blending a family. It may be about something from our past and how it is affecting our future. You may even have a Lisa or Ridley memory where you saw God at work. I would LOVE to hear those and add them too.

This isn't our story. God is the author! I can't wait to hear from you........

No comments:

Post a Comment