You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence... Psalm 16:11

Monday, November 15, 2010

Sweet n' Salty

My life has been a trail mix. It has had some of the sweetest moments and some of the saltiest moments all at the same time.

Obviously, I would much prefer to pick out the M&M’s and just enjoy the sweet moments but I am excited about what I have learned about being salt and light to the world in our salty moments. It makes me smile to say I continue to have both. Too much salt leaves you dry and thirsty. I may not be “nuts” about the salty lessons but I do get excited about how I have learned that I am on the right track when I am in the midst of salty moments.

Boy, I sure can taste those M&M’s better when they are mixed in with the salty. Can’t you? Think about it. What a “sweet” reminder that life offers both. The true blessing for me has been learning to enjoy all the flavors that life brings me because I now know that God is at work in both the sweet and salty moments. I am excited to take the next bite that Jesus has to offer.

I pray that you and I enjoy our healthy trail mix life and that we continue to hunger and thirst for righteousness.


I pray these random, crazy, raw, from the heart, blog posts help you whether it is a sweet moment or a salty moment. If you are in one of those salty moments and need me to pray for you, please- please- please let me know. I am here to walk this journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment